Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Introduction/Re-introduction

This may be the 7th or 8th blog that I have attempted to start but never quite continued.  Having spent the entire day trying to conjure up the energy to actually do the work intended for my job and failing miserably at it, I came upon a revelation that helped me consolidate my failure to continue blogging as well.  In short, I have repeatedly been trying to accomplish far too much.

Now I've accomplished quite a bit since I've been here, but in an inconsistent fashion.  You see, almost all of the accomplishments were accomplished in the first few months of my being here.  I studied for and gave the GMAT, I applied to graduate school, studied for and gave the LEED exam.  However that's where it all stopped.  After the LEED exam things kind of took a trip south.

Not to say I haven't been doing anything since.  Found a new job, a very good job (albeit a temporary one in my mind at least).  Took a GMAT class to improve my score but never took the test, a practice test yielded the score I wanted but that's where the work stopped.  Now I need to restart my studying and try to score well again.  May be a longshot.

Short end of the stick is, with this new job I have less time to do all the extra curricular activities I had envisioned for myself.  Maybe not less time, but after coming home my brain is in no condition to challenge itself further (which is odd, my job is not demanding at all).

Perhaps I'm just lazy.

Anyways I am going to use this blog to force myself to achieve what I want.  I'm going to keep a journal of everything I do during the day here so I have some record of my achievements and failures that I can follow up on.

Day 1:

Completely lost in all the emails and chaos I've been receiving.  Flagged the ones that might be important, but will look at it later.  As Tim Ferriss put it, they're really not emergencies and things will function fine without me.  Let's see.

Desired outcome for the day:  Complete PAC.  It's already underway, but there's some work.  Getting back to it.


Oh and I decided to work on my writing skills.  Hence the "Photo Stories" name.  I'll do that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment